Sunday, December 8, 2013

Je me souviens.

I remember how I would sleep in 
the middle of my bed,
so the monsters wouldn't get me.
I remember how I thought 
the moon stole my hair.
I remember that would we trick my brother
and say that socks were
made out of spiderwebs.
I remember eating soap
to wash out my mouth when I was bad.
I remember your voice better than 
anyone else's.
I remember how you say I love you
and your the only one that actually means it.
I remember how we are all born from 
our mothers.
I remember the tears falling from
your face so gently.
I remember those cold winter nights
and all we would do is drink hot chocolate 
and talk.
I remember the first time I saw my mother cry.
I remember that feeling
of almost drowning in my 
grandmas pool.
I remember how my older brother
smashed my favorite action figure.
I remember
the first time I saw you and
I have never took my eyes off you.
I remember how you told me
to grow up.
I remember the time I didn't sleep
because of my parents fighting all night.
I remember getting a circle chocolate cake
for my birthday in kindergarten.
I remember the way you use
to smile.


I remember sitting at your funeral grandpa and seeing grandma cry. I will never forget that day.

No comments:

Post a Comment